This is an analysis of the poem The Godhead that begins with:
I sat behind the dance of Danger's hooves
In the shouting street that seemed a futurist's whim,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd aeXe ff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101010101 001011101001 11001010101 010100101001 0111010111 01001010100 11010011101 0011000100 0111000111 0110011111 1101010001 0101110101 0101111101 1011010011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 146
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Godhead;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.