This is an analysis of the poem O Coil, Coil that begins with:
O coil, honied envoy of the spring,
Cease thy too happy voice, grief's record, cease:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbXbXcXXXd bedbafbgdafX dgbcedbdabbd X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1110100001 1111011011 1101110101 0110010101 1101000101 0101010001 10010101010 01010011111 10000010101 0100011101 1100111101 111100101 11110101001 1110111101 11011101101 1101010100 01010001101 1110110111 01110101001 0101110101 1100100011 1101011101 11011101001 1111110111 110010010111 01001010111 0101000101 0101010101 1101010011 1100110101 0111010101 1111011111 11000010101 1100010101 10011001001 11100111 11
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 380
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words o, that, his, the, am are repeated.
The author used the same word o at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O Coil, Coil;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.