This is an analysis of the poem Arraignment Of The Men that begins with:
Males perverse, schooled to condemn
Women by your witless laws,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba cddc deeX fggf daad ghhg giiX aXba dhhd jffjXgffg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011001 1011101 1101111 0111100 0010001 1010101 0111111 1110101 1010101 1010100 1011100 1110100 1110101 1010101 1011101 1010011 1110101 1100101 1111111 1110101 1010101 1010101 0110101 1110101 1100101 0010101 0111111 0110110 11101001 1010110 1110101 1110101 1011001 1110101 1110111 1111111 1111011 1011111 1011101 1011111 0010101 11001101 1110101 1010011
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, her, she, who are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word if is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Arraignment Of The Men;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.