This is an analysis of the poem Stamtavle that begins with:
Min Moder, som til Verden mig
har født, og som jeg died,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXb XXXX XXXX XXXX bXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 111111 110111 111101 11110100 110001 11011100 111111 111111111 11110 111011 11110 1011011 111101 11111000 11111 1110111 11111 11100110 110111 1110111 1111010 1111101 1011100 11000011 1100110 1111111 1111100 11011110 110100 11011101 1101100 11011001 110011 1111111 110010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 111
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; som, af are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words af, han are repeated.
The author used the same words han, min at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Stamtavle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.