This is an analysis of the poem Protestantisk Vaar that begins with:
Jeg levede en Gang i en evig Palmesøndag
med en stedsegrøn Palme plantet i mit Hjærte....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,10,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111110100 111011011111 1011111110 1100001100 1011 1010110000 110110 11000 1101010 111 1100111 1101110 10010 11010110 110011 10101011 11111000110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 181
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; en, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word af is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Protestantisk Vaar;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sophus Niels Christen Claussen
- Analysis of Præludium
- Analysis of Paa De Gamle Steder [alting Skifter Om, Alt Er Byttet Om]
- Analysis of Paa Kysten Ved Helsingør