This is an analysis of the poem Nils Collett Vogt that begins with:
Strid mellem Rigsmaal og Maalmænd, Strid mellem Norske og Danske.
Hvem, udi Belzebub, skal eje de norrøne Øer?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11010111101011 11010011010 11101101011111 11011011111 101111111011010 111011010111100 1011011011111 10111100111001 10011110011100 10011111101111 101101101101101 1001101101111 1111110010 11111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 389
- Average number of words per stanza: 77
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 55 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, du, med are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Nils Collett Vogt;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.