This is an analysis of the poem Jeg Vil Begraves I Fred that begins with:
Dette er Digterens Kaar:
fødes og lægges hen,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX bbXX aXXX ccdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001 1111 101110 1101 110111111 110111111 1111 110110 101111 1111011 101101 111 1110011 11111001 10111 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 102
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ham is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words snart, jeg are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ham, g are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Jeg Vil Begraves I Fred;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sophus Niels Christen Claussen
- Analysis of Jeg Vil Ej Forbyde Den Triste
- Analysis of Jeg Vil Ej Sommernætters Fred
- Analysis of Jeg Øver Ikke En Daad