This is an analysis of the poem Høstsol that begins with:
Og derfor tændtes den koglende Sol:
for Isen laa spændt fra Ækvator til Pol....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccXX XXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11011101 1101111011 110101111 111101111 1101101101 1101111111 1101101111 1010101011 10101110001 1111111101 11011111011 111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, for are repeated.
The author used the same word og at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines nd is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Høstsol;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.