This is an analysis of the poem En Stormdrøm Der Gaar... that begins with:
En Stormdrøm der gaar gennem Verden,
det bølger som Rugen i Blæst....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111010 1111011 1110111111 1101111 1111111 1111001 110110110 11011111 11111011 11111011 11011011 11011011 111111 111111 1101111 11011011 11111010 111111 111111110 1111111111 110111 110101 110110110 11101101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, jeg are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words jeg, nu are repeated.
The author used the same word jeg at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of En Stormdrøm Der Gaar...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.