This is an analysis of the poem Circe that begins with:
Hør, Frøerne kvækker i festligt Kor
— det grønneste Vildnis af Sumpen gror....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX aa bX XX XX XX XX bX XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 11101101 111111101 10011001011 1111101 1100101101 1111101 11101011 1101101010 111111101 11101101 1101111100 1111101 111010111 1101101 1101111101 111111 110000111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 74
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Circe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.