This is an analysis of the poem Claud Halcro's Song that begins with:
Farewell to Northmaven,
Grey Hillswicke, farewell!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabacbcb cdcdebeb fgfgebeb hhhhibib
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100 11011 011110 01111 0111110 01011 1011010 11101 110110 11011 1010010 11001 1011110 11101 1010010 11101 01111 1011010 101111 1010010 110110 01001 1111010 01001 101110 11011 110111 11001 11001 0110010 101111 1110010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 206
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Claud Halcro's Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sir Walter Scott
- Analysis of Cleveland Lyke-Wake Dirge (Traditional)
- Analysis of Twist Ye, Twine Ye
- Analysis of Lines On Captain Wogan. To An Oak Tree