This is an analysis of the poem The Furious Gun that begins with:
The furious gun in his raging ire,
When that the bowl is rammed in too sore ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aababacc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0100100101 110101011 11011010010 10010100111 010101111010 111000101 1011111111 1111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 350
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Furious Gun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.