This is an analysis of the poem Ring Out Your Bells that begins with:
Ring out your bells, let mourning shows be spread;
For Love is dead--... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aAababCXDD aaceceCXDD aAXXXXCXDD aaXaXacXdD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110101 1101 1101010 010101 1111010 111111 0101010 0101110 001111 010101 1101111101 1101 0111010 010101 0011010 011001 0101010 0101110 001111 010101 1101110101 1101 1101100 110101 1101100 10101010 0101010 0101110 001111 010101 0111110101 1011 1011110 00011 1101010 111011 1101110 0111010 111101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 287
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, from are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words from, his, love are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word us at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ring Out Your Bells;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.