This is an analysis of the poem Sea Voices that begins with:
PEACE, moaning Sea ; what tale have you to tell ?
What mystic tidings, all unknown before ?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaacddcc eeeeefggff hhhhhbccbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101111101 1101010101 1011010101 1101010101 1101111101 1101111101 0101110101 01010100101 1101010101 1110111001 0101011101 1101011101 11010100001 11000100011 1101010001 0101110101 1001110101 11001110101 11000110001 0111011101 0101011111 1001110101 11110011101 1101000101 1101110101 1011110101 1101001001 1101110101 1110111111 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 437
- Average number of words per stanza: 79
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; too, to, this, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words too, and are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sea Voices;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.