This is an analysis of the poem Love's Mirror that begins with:
I SEE myself reflected in thine eyes,
The dainty mirrors set in golden frame... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cXca aaaa dede cfcfXcbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111010011 0101010101 0111000101 1101001 1111000101 1001010101 1111110101 010111 1101010111 0101011101 1101110111 111111 1111110111 1100111101 1101011111 110110 0101011111 1001010101 1101010101 010101 1111111101 1100110101 1011110101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; so is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Mirror;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.