This is an analysis of the poem I Prithee Send Me Back My Heart that begins with:
I prithee send me back my heart,
Since I cannot have thine;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cbcb cded eaXa Xbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1111111 111011 10011011 111111 11111101 010001 111010101 110101 11110111 1111010 11101100 0111110 11010100 110101 11110101 111011 11111111 101101 11011101 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Prithee Send Me Back My Heart;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.