This is an analysis of the poem To A Lady Asking Him How Long He Would Love Her that begins with:
IT is not, Celia, in our power
To say how long our love will last; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dbdbcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001100110 11111101 010101010 11111111 0110100 01011101 11110101 11111101 11011111 10100101 00110001 01011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 242
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Lady Asking Him How Long He Would Love Her;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.