This is an analysis of the poem Twilight that begins with:
By W—ll—m C—wp—r.
'Tis evening. See with its resorting throng ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcdccddXeededdaeecfcfXecddXbcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 33,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110011111 1101000101 1101110100 0101011101 1000010101 0101000100 1101010101 1101001001 1110000101 1000010101 1000010101 0101000111 1101010101 0111010101 10010100101 0111001101 0101010001 0101010001 1101010 001 1011110101 0101011101 1111000101 0101010110 0111000101 0111110101 1100010101 1101010101 0101010011 01010 10101 11101011101 0100110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1262
- Average number of words per stanza: 204
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Twilight;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.