This is an analysis of the poem I Say I Say I Say that begins with:
Anyone here had a go at themselves
for a laugh? Anyone opened their wrists...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdXXdXacbaXXee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001101101 1011001011 0010011001 1011011101 0011011111 1111010001 01001101110 10011010100 1010101110 101011111 0101110101 01010101110 10100011110 0101011111 1110111001 10101101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 709
- Average number of words per stanza: 136
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; at, long are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Say I Say I Say;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.