This is an analysis of the poem The Road To Ruin that begins with:
My hopes, my messengers I sent
Across the ten years continent...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aab bXX ccXddX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110011 01010100 01011101 11111111 01111111 10010011 110101011 01011101 110100111 11011101 10110001 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Road To Ruin;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.