This is an analysis of the poem A Whispered Tale that begins with:
I’d heard fool-heroes brag of where they’d been,
With stories of the glories that they’d seen. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeffee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11111010110 0100010111 1101010101 0111110101 1101010110 01010001111 0111010111 1111010111 11110010111 1101000111 11001011111 1101111001 1111000111 10111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 654
- Average number of words per stanza: 118
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, d, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Whispered Tale;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.