This is an analysis of the poem To: Frau Nannette Falk-Auerbach that begins with:
Als du im Saal mit deiner himmlischen Kunst
Beethoven zeigst, und seinem Willen nach... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011111101001 1001110101 11111101111 1101011101 111111110 010110111 1001011111 111111011101 0110111100 11110111001 11111111 1111111101 11111101100 10101110100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 630
- Average number of words per stanza: 106
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To: Frau Nannette Falk-Auerbach;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sidney Lanier
- Analysis of On Violet's Wafers, Sent Me When I Was Ill
- Analysis of Our Hills
- Analysis of Laus Mariae