This is an analysis of the poem Nilsson that begins with:
A rose of perfect red, embossed
With silver sheens of crystal frost,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaa bbb ccc ddd eeX fff ggg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001101 01010101 11111101 11010001 11110101 01110001 010010101 110101001 11011101 11010111 11010001 01010001 11011101 11010101 11011100 10111111 11010111 11011101 11011101 10010111 00010101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The author used the same word or at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nilsson;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.