This is an analysis of the poem A Song Of The Future. that begins with:
Sail fast, sail fast,
Ark of my hopes, Ark of my dreams;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbabAccaaddee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1111 10111011 11010011 110010111 1111 1011011101 0101010101 1101010101 11101010011 11001 11111111 110011101 1110111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 519
- Average number of words per stanza: 92
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Song Of The Future.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sidney Lanier
- Analysis of An Evening Song.
- Analysis of A Ballad Of The Trees And The Master
- Analysis of A Sunrise Song.