This is an analysis of the poem The Hunter that begins with:
I have fought against the poodle with his gory, deadly paws;
I have faced the fearsome kitten, wild and bony,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd ebeb fgfg Xdgd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010100010101 111010101110 11110100010101 0010000101010 110100100110101 1111010001 101110100111001 11100110101 11101000011110101 101010111110 11010101011001 101000100010 111000100110001 11101011111 111000101111101 11101010111 101011101010101 1011110111 111111100110011 1101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 211
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i, have are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Hunter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.