This is an analysis of the poem Sing Me A Rainbow that begins with:
Josie it´s been a long hard day
Down the road to where it´s at...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbcDBDceEbeXefaXXecDBDcfEee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10000111 1010101 111111 1111111111 1101011111 1111101110 1101 101101 10011111 1010101010 10101 111011011 011101 1111 1111111 1011101 1111 111101 10111110 11101 111 1101110 1101 101101 10011111 1010101010 11101 111011011 011011 11011011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 836
- Average number of words per stanza: 188
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, me are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines can is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sing Me A Rainbow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.