This is an analysis of the poem Reflection that begins with:
Each time I see the Upside-Down Man
Standing in the water, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXXaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101111 100010 11111101 1111010 11000101 0101 0101 1010111 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 233
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, another are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word another is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Reflection;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.