This is an analysis of the poem The Day Of Hope that begins with:
THE days of absence and the bitter nights
Of separation, all are at an end!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbccb dedeffe XXeeXXe gagXhha ieiejje
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101010101 0101011111 10010000111 1101010111 1001010101 11010111001 01001011111 0101101101 1101111111 11010011101 1001110101 01010110101 0101011101 0101010101 0101000110 10110111010 1001001101 1101010111 1101111100 1101011101 1101111101 1100010111 1101010101 1001000111 1101011110 11011101001 1101111101 0101010100 1101110111 1111011101 1011001111 1011110101 1111010101 01100000101 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 300
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, my, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Day Of Hope;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.