This is an analysis of the poem Otherwise Why Should You Be Human that begins with:
A group of mud-smeared dark boys
Their loin-clothes raised above their knees...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a abcdXXcXaaefdeXedbgchhXgdiXajeaaXXaagaiafdXajidcifX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,51,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101111 11110111 010010111100010 01010110010001 1010101 11110101010 110101010 100110011001 000101 111101011 0101 01111 010100110001 1011010110 00101011 111000101101 0110110101 101 110 11001000100011 101101010100 110001 011 100110010010001 110 110111 100110101 10101001101 10101111 0010101 0101001010100 0011 110010101010 11110110 0101111100 0100111 0101110 010100010110 110 111 111111 111111 0001101001 01001011 10101111 1001111100 1110111 00101101 11011111010 0011011 101111010 11100101010 01011001000
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 611
- Average number of words per stanza: 116
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words their, the, and, it are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Otherwise Why Should You Be Human;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Shakti Chattopadhay
- Analysis of Ebar Hoyese Shondhya
- Analysis of Station Bhasiye Brishti
- Analysis of Choturdashpadi Kabitabali