This is an analysis of the poem Abani, Are You Home? that begins with:
Abani, are you home?
The neighbourhood lies in sleep with doors closed...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abX cXcbX aXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,5,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111 0100101011 111100110111 1001111 1011011 101111 101011 100101 1001111 011101110 1101011 100110110111 1001111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 106
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; here is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word here is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Abani, Are You Home?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.