This is an analysis of the poem If You Are Seeking Allah that begins with:
If you are seeking Allah,
Then keep clear of religious formalities....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcd XeeD XDdffefd dXddcd XXXd X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,8,6,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111010 11100100100 111110 10101010 11111101 1011101 1110101 1110010 111100110 10011101 101111 10011101 11101 011010 10011010 110110 1010 0100110101 0101001 0111 10101 01101001 011101111 01011010 1111110 101 0110110110 011011010101 1010111100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; no, lord are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines lord, them are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of If You Are Seeking Allah;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.