This is an analysis of the poem Drömmene that begins with:
Jeg drömte jeg var en Harpe af Guld,
Og Lilla leged' i mine Strænge,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXXXXXXXXXbb XXXXXXXXcXXXXX c XXXXXXXXXXdaX dXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,14,1,13,14,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111111 11010111 11011111 110101101 111111 1101 1111 1101 11111011 1101111 110111101 1101111100 1110011011 1111011011 11101111 11101101 101101101 111001010 111 1001 1101 1101 111110111 111010000 10111100 1111111110 1110011010 1111011010 11001111 1100011 111110111 111111111 1011 1001 1111 1101 11111011 100011100 11111101 110111010 11011101 1111111010 11101110 101101111 1111110 11111001 111 1101 110 1111 11111011 111111000 1111101 11111101 110100100 11011001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 353
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, i, min, jeg are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words og, min are repeated.
The author used the same word jeg at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Drömmene;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.