This is an analysis of the poem Dativen that begins with:
Han træder ud i Hedenolds Lund,
Hvor paa Staven Saga hygger hvert Ar,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XaXX XaXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111001 1110101011 1001001101 10111001 110101001 1100101001 001100110 1001101 110101011 111101001 111111101 10101001 10101000 111101110 111001100 1011001 110101001 101011111 100101101 10111001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word o is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dativen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.