This is an analysis of the poem Paddle Your Own Canoe that begins with:
Voyager upon life's sea,
To yourself be true,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaBcdcd efefdbdB ghghabaB iXihXbXB ejejgXgB kjkjlblBXgjgjjbjB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1000111 01001 11001110 101101 1010111 10111 1010101 10101 1010101 10101 1011101 10101 1010111 11101 1010101 101101 10011111 00101 0010111 00111 11111001 11011 1100101 101101 0110111 101110 1011101 10101 1010101 10101 10101001 101101 1110101 00101 1110101 000101 1111101 1111 0010111 101101 1110101 00111 0010111 10101 1010111 010001 0011101 101101 1010101 10101 100010101 00101 10100101 1101 1010111 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 214
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word nothing is repeated.
The author used the same word would at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word canoe at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Paddle Your Own Canoe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.