This is an analysis of the poem To Sappho Ii that begins with:
Your lines that linger for us down the years,
Like sparks that tell the glory of a flame,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaCDcecceCDc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111011100 1111010001 1101010011 1101111001 1011010111 110111001 1101 1111110101 1101100101 1101010001 0111010101 1011010111 110111001 0101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 550
- Average number of words per stanza: 103
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Sappho Ii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.