This is an analysis of the poem Spring Torrents that begins with:
WILL it always be like this until I am dead,
Every spring must I bear it all again... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaXcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ottava rima
- Metre: 001101001111 100011110101 001110010101 1011101 111101001010 10101010011 10111010010 1101011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 329
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Spring Torrents;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.