This is an analysis of the poem Less Than The Cloud To The Wind that begins with:
Less than the cloud to the wind,
Less than the foam to the sea, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101001 1101001 1101001 1101 1101001 1101001 111001 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 111
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, less, than, more are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words less, more are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Less Than The Cloud To The Wind;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.