This is an analysis of the poem Blue Squills that begins with:
How many million Aprils came
Before I ever knew ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba Xbcb XcXc XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 101101 11010110 110111 11001010 110101 010110010 1011001 11101101 1111110 10011101 10010010 1101011001 111111 11111101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; how, o are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words oh, o are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Blue Squills;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.