This is an analysis of the poem August Moonrise that begins with:
THE sun was gone, and the moon was coming
Over the blue Connecticut hills;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbabbcbbdeeeffgcgdeeheheiijjkkhllfXhhfc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 41,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111101110 100101001 011100111 110110101 011101001 110101101 10101101 11101001 01010101 011101101 101010111 11010101 101010111 00101101011 1011111 1010101 111101111 10010001 10100101 110101001 1111111 1011101 11110111 1110011 1110101 1111001 1111111 1110101 1111111 11101001 01111111 01011101 1111101 10010010 10101010 0111101 1010100 11000101 1011101 10101001 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1329
- Average number of words per stanza: 264
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of August Moonrise;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.