This is an analysis of the poem On What Is Best that begins with:
Some celebrate the beauty
of knights, or infantry, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbacXc dadaeeXe fbXbfbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010 011100 1100100 110101 111010 111101 1101010 011111 1100010 010100 1101010 110100 0111010 010101 0101110 110101 1110010 111101 1111110 110101 0100010 111101 1101110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 208
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On What Is Best;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sappho
- Analysis of Like the very gods in my sight is he
- Analysis of Ode To Aphrodite
- Analysis of To Atthis The Inconstant