This is an analysis of the poem Recollections Of Love that begins with:
How warm this woodland wild Recess !... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bccbc X aXXaX X caaca X cddcd a effef a gccgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,5,1,5,1,5,1,5,1,5,1,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1 11011101 11010101 10110111 11110101 10011111 1 101111111 11110101 11010101 11111101 111010111 1 11111101 01001111 11011101 110101001 1011101 1 11010101 01110111 11111101 11111101 11011001 1 11011101 01010001 11111101 01110111 11010101 1 11111101 11110101 01011101 11110101 110101010
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 99
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words that, has are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Recollections Of Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.