This is an analysis of the poem Love's Apparition And Evanishment: An Allegoric Romance that begins with:
Like a lone Arab, old and blind,
Some caravan had left behind,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXcdcedeXfbgfgaahdhdfijji
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 28,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10110111 11011101 11010101 10111111 1111010110 1101010101 11011100111 11010101001 101010111010 1011010101 01110111010 1101010100 1101010101 1001010101 1101010101 0111110101 1111011101 1101010101 1101111111 01001111111 110111 1111010101 110111 11110101 111101 01110101 11010101 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1156
- Average number of words per stanza: 205
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Apparition And Evanishment: An Allegoric Romance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.