This is an analysis of the poem Limbo that begins with:
The sole true Something--This ! In Limbo Den
It frightens Ghosts as Ghosts here frighten men--... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaXXcddeeffgg cchheeggiieeccggjjiiXbkkacca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,28,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0111000101 0101111101 1100010101 0011110101 110101111101 011111010100 11010000100 01011011011 0101111010 010001100010 11011001001 10101011011 10111100001 1101110101 1101111111 0100100011001 1011010101 110111101 10010111010 11111000110 11110010101 10110101001 1111011001 1111010001 1101011101 1110010101 1101010101 1101011111 1101110111 1001011100 0111010011 1101010111 1111010101 0111000101 11011100111 110111110111 1111110110 1111010101 1011001111 1100011101 01010101010 1101010101 110111 0101011100010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1010
- Average number of words per stanza: 177
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Limbo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.