This is an analysis of the poem Absence: A Farewell Ode On Quitting School For Jesus College that begins with:
Where graced with many a classic spoil
Cam rolls his reverend stream along,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdd aeaeffgg ceceXhhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110100101 110100101 1101011 11011111 11110001 1001101011 11110011 01100101 110111011 110011111 110110101 11001101 11110101 110110101 11011101 110100101 011110010 11011101 011101001 10010101 11110110 01010101 111000101 110100001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 286
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Absence: A Farewell Ode On Quitting School For Jesus College;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.