This is an analysis of the poem Spring that begins with:
Stern Winter now, by Spring repress'd
Forbears the long-continued strife;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab Xcdc cXcd dddd efef bfbf gaga dhdhXdada
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110110101 10010101 11010101 01010101 1100101010 11000101 11000101 11010101 01010101 01010010 11010101 11011101 11110101 01010101 11100101 1110101 11110101 01010101 11110101 11110101 010101001 11110101 11110101 11011101 111100010 11000101 0100101010 01001001 11110101 11010101 11110101 11011011 111111001 11011101 01010001 11010001
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words once, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Spring;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.