This is an analysis of the poem Song that begins with:
Not the soft sighs of vernal gales,
The fragrance of the flowery vales,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeeff aagggg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110101 010001001 01000101 01010101 11111111 11110001 110111001 11010101 110101101 11011101 11010101 01111111 11010111 11011111 11110101 11110101 01010110 11010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 214
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, all, not, i, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, not are repeated.
The author used the same word not at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Samuel Johnson
- Analysis of The Young Author
- Analysis of Parody Of A Translation From The Medea Of Euripides
- Analysis of The Natural Beauty