This is an analysis of the poem Part Of The Dialogue Between Hector And Andromache that begins with:
She ceas'd; then godlike Hector answer'd kind -
(His various plumage sporting in the wind)... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeaaaaffaddggddXXggaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 29,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1111010101 01001010001 1111011011 11110100101 1101011101 1111010111 01011110101 1111011101 1111010101 1101010101 01100010101 1111111111 0111011111 11010101001 1100111101 1111110101 11011100101 1011011101 1011010101 1111011101 1010110111 0110010111 1101010101 1111010101 1001010101 1111111101 1111010101 0111111101 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1322
- Average number of words per stanza: 228
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Part Of The Dialogue Between Hector And Andromache;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Samuel Johnson
- Analysis of The City Of God
- Analysis of The Winter's Walk
- Analysis of To A Young Lady, On Her Birthday