This is an analysis of the poem Irene, An Heroic Ode In The Stanza Of Spenser. that begins with:
IRENE! fav'rite daughter of the skies!
Round whose calm brows immortal graces glow,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdee ffffcgcgddXfdfdededee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,21,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 011010001 1111010101 01001101101 0101000101 1101010101 1101010101 1101010101 11010011101 0101010101 100111111101 0111010101 1101010111 1101010111 0101110111 0101010111 01010111001 0101011101 1101010101 10101011101 1110101110101 1101010101 1101000101 0111011101 0101010101 0101010101 1101010101 1100010101 0101010111 0101110101 010101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 444
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Irene, An Heroic Ode In The Stanza Of Spenser.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.