This is an analysis of the poem The True Bible that begins with:
What is the world’s true Bible -- ‘tis the highest thought of man,
The thought distilled through ages since the dawn of thought began.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddaa eeccaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011101010101 01011101010101 111101100111101 101000101010001 101011101110011 101010101110101 111010111010001 111010101111101 100010010111101 1001101010101 11110111110101 11110111010001 10111100010101 11010101110111 101010111100101 01010110010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 325
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 60 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, thought, we, us, of, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, let, what are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word on at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The True Bible;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.