This is an analysis of the poem Ch 07 On The Effects Of Education Story 16 that begins with:
A pious man happened to pass near a rich fellow who had a slave and was just chastising him after having tied his feet and hands. He said: ‘My son,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a XbXcbXXc X XXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,8,1,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01011001101101101111010110101011111111011110011001011000110110101110010010111000101110101110001010100111001010101101011011101 011110101 01111101 111011110 11110101011110 110001111001 10010101011 11100101010 11011101010 1000101010010110010100101111000100101010101010101010000101011010101001 0101010110 11101011110 01101010000001 01011101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 329
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 94 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 17
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, not, him, to, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ch 07 On The Effects Of Education Story 16;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Saadi Shirazi
- Analysis of Ch 02 The Morals Of Dervishes Story 10
- Analysis of Ch 02 The Morals Of Dervishes Story 41
- Analysis of Ch 03 On The Excellence Of Contentment Story 05